Info to know before you order:
- THIS IS A DIY (DO IT YOURSELF) KIT! It is shipped as multiple pieces and the customer welds it themselves.
- The plate bumper was designed specifically for 3rd gen 4runners but will also work on some years of the 1st gen Tacomas (01-04). However, you will need to add 3/4" spacers (made out of 6061 aluminum blocks) to the bottom mounting points and use extended M12 hardware (spacers and hardware is included). The bumper might also work on 96-00 models but has not been tested yet, so if you have those years please be aware it might not fit perfectly. If you do have a 98-00 model be aware you might have to trim 2 inches off the front of the frame horns on the vehicle. This is the same modification required on all years of the 3rd gen 4runner and will not reduce the integrity of the frame. After cutting, clean and coat the cut area with some spray paint to prevent any rust issues.
- This bumper will not work with body lifts without leaving a gap. It will work with stock height and suspension lifted vehicles.
- There may be small imperfections on the surfaces of the parts, such as small areas of surface rust or shallow scratches caused during the manufacturing or shipping processes.
- Any grille guard tubing will not be pre coped and will be slightly oversized.
A little about the bumper:
- Most DIY bumper kits include dozens of small flat pieces of metal and require hours of lining up, welding, and grinding, which can be incredibly frustrating and time-consuming. We set out to design a DIY bumper kit unlike any other. All the parts are laser cut and press bent with slotted and tabbed edges. This means it requires a fraction of the welding and grinding compared to other kits. With the built-in tabs, the bumper pieces line up perfectly and don't require you to consistently be checking measurements. You don’t even need to have the bumper on the 4runner to be able to tack it together.
- We wanted to be able to offer the best fitment possible so we took our design a step above all the other fabrication companies out there and had the front of the truck laser-scanned! This allows us to model the bumper within our cad programs using a virtual representation of the truck that is accurate to within .005 inches!
- The frame mounting plate, winch plate, and skid supports are all 7 gauge HRPO steel. The inner main vertical plates and underwing supports are 3/8” thick steel. Shackle mounts are 1/2" steel. All other sheet metal parts are made of 11 gauge HRPO steel. All tubing is 1.75 OD 11 gauge ERW steel.
- The bumper was modeled around a warn m8000 winch that has a 10" x 4.5" mounting pattern and centered fairlead/spool. Other winches may fit (similar size and mounting pattern required). Depending on the winch size you will possibly need to detach and relocate the control box.
- We realized that these bumpers are going to be mounted on 20ish-year-old vehicles and the chances of each and every one of them having a perfect frame with no previous front end damage are slim. So in order to offer the best fitment possible, we made all the mounting points slightly oversized. This will give you a little adjustability when mounting. Depending on how far you need to adjust you will possibly need to use washers as shims between the bumper and the frame. New bolts and washers are included.
- Weighs roughly 90 lbs. Any grille guard tubing will add to this.
Lead time: 2 to 4 weeks. This is only an estimate and may occasionally be slightly longer or shorter depending on the workload and availability of parts. This does not include time in transit after shipment. Please contact us for updates on your order.
Shipping: $100 FLAT RATE to the lower 48. Free local pickup in Sarasota, FL is also available. If you are outside the lower 48 please contact for a shipping quote.